Makeup, Beauty, Life.

    Monday 2 May 2016

    Skincare Routine: Updated

    Since my post last year in July about my skincare routine, things have drastically changed. And by drastically changed I mean that every product I was previously using has been changed for something else. I've found new products that work better for my skin and they have changed my skin for the better!



    If you read my post about the Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment (click here if you haven't!) I mentioned that I did have problems with my skin towards the end of last year which was one of the reasons why I changed my skincare routine completely. I didn't know whether it was the skincare I was using or the makeup I was using which is was making my skin so bad, so I changed it all completely and now my skin's in the best condition it's been in for a very long time. 

    Around January was when I made the change in my routine after watching Anna-Maria's (xammasi on instagram) video on youtube (click here) of what products she uses on her skin. She said she uses La Roche-Posay skincare and I knew I had to convert because her skin is flawwlesssss. To start off I purchased the kit which has a cleanser, toner and moisturiser. In the morning and at night I wash my face with the La Roche-Posay Effalcar Purifying Foaming Gel. I think this cleanser is the reason why my skin is looking it's best recently it definitely thoroughly cleans my skin and removes any makeup residue. It certainly is purfying as it describes. 

    Following this cleanser I use the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Clarifying Toner on a small cotton pad and sweep it over my skin to close my pores after cleansing. What I love about this is that it doesn't smell of anything as some toners can smell really strong like alcohol whereas this one doesn't really have a fragrance at all!

    After cleansing and toning in the morning I use the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo[+] Moisturiser. This moisturiser is for unclogging the skin and anti-imperfections too! I like this moisturiser in the morning because it quickly mattifies but it's still hydrating so it's perfect for underneath makeup. 

    At night after cleansing and toning I prefer a moisturiser that is more hydrating than the one I use in the morning so I use Clarins Hydraquench Cream. I've had this cream before and now I'm using it again it really made me realise why I loved it so much! It's so hydrating, sinks into my skin well and leaves my skin feeling amazing! 

    If I use a face mask it is definitely the Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment. I won't go into too much detail about this because I did write a full post on this product and how I use it (click here to read).

    Last but not least is lipcare. The only lipbalm I use now is the MAC Lip Conditioner. I think I've spoke about this before in a post but this is truly amazing. A tiny little bit of this goes such a long way and it is so hydrating. I apply this last in my skincare routine and leave this on whilst I sleep or whilst I do my makeup and then when it comes to doing my lipstick at the end of my makeup my lips are soft and hydrated (no one wants crusty looking lipstick).

    That's my updated skincare routine. What are your favourite skincare products? Let me know in the comments! See you soon!

    Rebecca x

    Share:

    No comments

    Post a Comment

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Blog Design Created by pipdig