Makeup, Beauty, Life.

    Monday 4 July 2016

    Holiday Makeup Kit


    Hola! Whilst you're reading this I will be more than likely getting ready to get on the plane, but thank goodness for scheduled posting! It's so refreshing knowing I planned my Holiday series earlier so that I can enjoy a week away without any worries, just pure relaxation. Anyway! Here's post number 2 in the holiday series I have going on and this is... my Holiday Makeup Kit! 

    To be honest, I wear a lot of makeup. Makeup is my thing and I always pack more than I need because how I do my makeup depends on my mood, I'll never know what I want to do with my makeup until I actually sit down and do it. You never know what inspiration might crop up so it's better to be prepared! Hence why I take a hell of a lot of makeup with me whenever I go away. 

    To keep all my makeup safe and sound whilst I travel, I keep it all in this Off Dutee makeup bag! and yes, everything does fit in it! Even my palettes, I've tried it. So if like me, you can't go anywhere without your babies then I'd definitely recommend this makeup bag! So let's crack on with what I actually take with me!

    Face.


    I'm taking away 2 primers; MAC Strobe Cream and MAC Prep+Prime Skin Base Visage. I use Prep+Prime Skin on a day to day basis but if I want an extra glow underneath my foundation I use MAC Strobe Cream. 

    I'm only taking one foundation and that is my NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in the shade Stromboli. This is my favourite foundation ever. It's thin in consistency, it's full coverage, it glides across my skin and feels so so comfortable. Plus it doesn't contain any SPF so you won't be getting any flash back on your holiday pics! - winner.

    I need 3 concealers, MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Palette in Medium, Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer and MAC Prolongwear Concealer in NW15. I use the MAC concealer palette purely for the salmon pink shade in the bottom right corner as I apply this under my eyes to brighten them and correct any dark areas before applying foundation. I use the Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer under my eyes as we all know this is my favourite under eye concealer and finally I use the MAC Prolonger concealer as an eyeshadow primer as it keeps my eyeshadow staying put all day!

    I couldn't go anywhere without my Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder! Such a staple product for me. Click here for a full post on my under eyes! And of course I'll be taking MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark to set the rest of my face. 

    There's only one bronzer I need in my life and that's MAC Mineralise Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun. It's a beautiful warm bronzer for my skintone and it's been my favourite ever since I got it.

    Do I really need to take 4 highlighters? Of course! I'm taking Benefit Watt's Up highlighter for the daytime. I don't wear a lot of makeup on the beach other than SPF and maybe some foundation at the start of the week when I'm not-so bronzed goddess. However, I thought this highlighter would look good on the cheeks during the day and also to add to my décolletage and just on my shoulders to add a bit of glow to my skin on the beach. 

    I use MAC Global Glow on the areas where I have applied bronzer and I also apply this on my legs and arms on a nighttime when I go out to add EVEN MORE glow to my body. 

    Then obviously left over are my two favourite highlighters, Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator in Gilded Honey and Mary-Lou Manizer from theBalm.

    Eyes.


    I'll be taking away with me my Benefit Browzings in Medium. If you read my June Favourites post you'll know why I much prefer this to my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow now (However, I'm taking it with me incase I need a product with a bit of staying power during the day).

    I'll take three mascaras, Benefit Rollerlash which is my favourite mascara and also a miniature of the YSL Faux Cils mascara (I've been trying this out recently and I love it!). Alongside these two is the Benefit They're Real mascara in Beyond Blue, I love this mascara for times when I feel a bit creative and this product is a great way to add a pop of colour to your makeup! For a look I did using this mascara click here.

    Of course I'll be needing lash glue, my favourite is the DUO Eyelash Adhesive which has the dark tone. 

    2 single Kiko Wet and Dry High Pigment Eyeshadows in 18 and 36. I purchased these last week and I wanted to take them away with me so I can play around with them a bit more. For swatches on both of these shadows, here's a swatch picture I posted on Instagram. 

    As far as Eyeliner pencils go I'm taking a white, black, brown and nude. The black and brown ones are MAC and in the shades Coffee and Feline. The nude eyeliner is Rimmel Scandaleyes and the white pencil is NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk.

    I'm taking 2 gel/liquid eyeliners, Morphe Gel Liner in Slate and also the NYX Vivid Brights Liner in Vivid Halo. Obviously I need a black gel liner with me and I love this yellow liner for again creative purposes (the creative juices don't stop flowing when you enter a different country people!) to see a look I created using this liner click here

    Last but not least for the eyes is my Peaches Makeup loose pigments in Kitten and Pearl. As I mentioned in my June Favourites, I use these for highlighters. 

    Lips.


    The further down I get in this post the more I feel like it's all a bit excessive but trust me when I say I've shrunken this down three times already and this was actually the minimum amount! haha.

    I'm taking with me my 6 favourite MAC lipsticks in Myth, Honeylove, Modesty, Shy Girl, Relentlessly Red and Ruby Woo.

    I'm also taking this bright orange lipstick from No7 this is the Stay Perfect lipstick in the shade Gay Geranium

    I'll only be taking 4 lip pencils a brown nude, a pink nude, an orange and a red. MAC prolongwear lip pencil in What a Blast!, MAC Stripdown liner, MAC Cherry liner and NYX Nude Pink lip liner. 

    I couldn't bear to be without my NYX holy grail lip products which are NYX soft matte lip creams in London and Abu Dhabi, NYX Butter Gloss in Fortune Cookie and NYX Intense Butter Gloss in Peanut Brittle

    To stop my lips drying out I'm taking my trusty MAC Lip Conditioner (smells like mini eggs, are you sold yet?) and also Benefit Cha Cha Balm - perfect for the daytime and looks beautiful with tanned skin!

    Last but not least is my two favourite glosses Dior Addict Collagen Activ and MAC Lipglass in Oyster Girl

    Palettes.


    I couldn't just take one palette, but I think I've done pretty well in taking my Morphe 35O and I've also managed to fit my favourites from MAC and Makeup Geek into my Z palette too. I've popped my MAC Melba blush into my Z palette, as we all know I'm not a blush person but I love this blusher so much so popping it in my Z palette was handy!

    PHEWF! That finally concludes my Holiday Makeup Kit, yeah it's a bit excessive but like I said in the beginning I like to be prepared and you never know when inspiration might hit you like a crashing wave. Let me know what you staple products are for taking on holiday with you in the comments below! See you soon.

    Rebecca


    Share:

    2 comments

    1. I love the Benefit Roller Lash mascara, I can't go away without it!

      xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

      ReplyDelete

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Blog Design Created by pipdig