Makeup, Beauty, Life.

    Tuesday 2 August 2016

    Drugstore Haul


    At heart, I'm a high-end gal! Luxurious packaging and product speaks volumes to me, but that doesn't mean I don't love a bargain (We all know how much I love the Maybelline Eraser Eye concealer!). Usually I don't get excited by drugstore products but these few intrigued me, so I'll go ahead and tell you what I picked up. 

    I've heard so many good things about the American version of this foundation, so I thought I'd give the UK one a try. I picked up the shade 220 as I have a medium skintone. I've worn this foundation once and I loved the colour of it, it was near enough the exact same shade as my NARS foundation which I wear everyday. I wore this for a full day at work and it lasted pretty well however, the next day I had a breakout. I'm unsure whether it was this foundation or not but I'm willing to give it another chance before I make any decisions!

    Again, this is a very loved product and everyone who tries it says it's the best gel liner. I've been using this NONE STOP. I love it. I just love it. It just glides on, it's super black and it doesn't transfer. I have a feeling this is going to be a statement in my makeup collection.

    This is so popular and I'm very late jumping on this bandwagon but I actually like this mascara! I prefer plastic wands to the ones with bristles so this ticks that box. I find that I do have to wipe off a lot of product from the brush before applying it, but I'll keep using it and see how it measures up. 

    This caught my eye as it's a matte cream eyeshadow which I thought might work well as an eyeshadow base. I've tried it once and it wasn't quite as opaque as a concealer but it did the job and didn't crease after I set it. 

    Any nude lipstick is welcome into my collection and will be loved unconditionally! I will adopt you all! I swatched this colour and I was like yes girl and it went straight in my basket. I haven't worn it yet but I'll trial it out and see how I get on.

    (Swatches from left to right) Rimmel London Lasting Finish by Kate Moss - 56 Boho Nude, 55 My Nude, Maybelline Colorsensational Matte Lipstick in Nude Embrace. 

    I picked up two of the new Rimmel lipsticks in 56 Boho Nude and 55 My Nude. The packaging is super pretty because it's rose gold but doesn't feel too luxurious. The first shade which stuck out to me was Boho Nude, I love warm medium brown nudes. I picked up My Nude as well as I thought this was also a pretty nude. I wore Boho Nude for a day and I did have to reapply a few times throughout the day but hey-ho that doesn't bother me! I don't like the initial smell of these but the smell wears off after a while anyway. 

    That's it for my drugstore haul. Let me know if you have any of these products in your collection and what you think of them! See you soon!

    Rebecca x
    Share:

    5 comments

    1. Nice haul. You picked up great things! Those lipstick shades look really nice! :)

      Nicole | In The Life of NM

      ReplyDelete
    2. I've been using fit me lately too! For some reason the old fit me foundation broke me out like you experienced but I'm fine with this one (I'm not sure whats changed!)
      Summer xx

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Ahh that's so strange! I'm definitely giving this one another go because I really liked it which is super annoying! Thanks for your comment!x

        Delete
    3. These products look great especially the nude lipsticks :)

      ReplyDelete

    Enter your email address:

    Delivered by FeedBurner

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Blog Design Created by pipdig